Thanks for downloading OSHI Unhooker!
You’ve made the best choice.
The best way to clean your PC from click redirect virus, click hijack and other spyware using advanced technology
- Advanced rootkit detection methods
- Easy to use interface
- No installation required
- Full confidence in personal security
OSHI Unhooker is developed to scan and remove hooks which disable any rootkit like google hijack or other search search redirect viruses or browser hijackers hidden on your computer. It is fully aimed at automatic detecting malicious software using stealth mechanisms to mask its presence in compromised system.
OSHI Unhooker, built on advanced rootkit detection algorithms, can run on all recent versions of Microsoft Windows. OSHI Unhooker is a great tool for checking presence of user-mode and/or kernel-mode rootkits.System Requirements:
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2
- 32-bit / 64-bit
- 600 MB RAM or higher
- 15 MB Hard Disk
What is a Rootkit?
Rootkit can be explained as combination of techniques and mechanisms used by malware software (viruses, trojans, spyware) which attempts to mask its presence in operation system from antivirus and other system management software.
How dangerous are rootkits?
Rootkit itself is usually only a tool used to hiddenly download and secretly install other malicious software. This malware can show fake warnings, use your computer as botnet client for DDoS attacks, steal your personal and financial data, send spam. The usage is only limited with malware authors imagination.
Are all operating system vulnerable for rootkits?
Nowadays malicious software for Microsoft Windows is more common than for Linux/MacOS because Microsoft Windows is the most widely used operating system in the world. However, if other OS starts getting more popularity, then the situation can change.
Easy to use
OSHI Unhooker provides easy to use interface without any sophisticated settings and options. On-demand scan is started after Scan button is pressed by user. OSHI Unhooker scans the system and reports all its actions in the notification area, listing all found threats and abnormal system activities.OSHI Unhooker:
- Detects rootkits and malware in fully automatic mode
- Allows user to remove any found malicious hooks
- Prevents sensetive personal information stealing/disclosure
- Ensures antivirus and security software downloading/updating is not prevented by malware
- Runs without installation: can be started directly from desktop or USB flash drive
Version Historyv1.3.402 (19.09.2013)
- Added! Trampoline detection.
- Improved! Hook detection.
- Added! New version check.
- Added! Support of command line arguments.
- Fixed! Several kernel modules were not properly scanned.
- Improved! Whitelisting of SSDT entries.
- Improved! Temporary files cleanup.
- Improved! White list was supplemented.
- Added! Detection and fix of hooks in Shadow SSDT.
- Added! Recognition of additional types of hooks.
- Added! Whitelisting by patch content.
- Fixed! White list matching.
- Improved! Scan heuristics.
- Added! Detection and fix of hooks in kernel modules.
- Added! Detection and fix of hooks in SSDT.
- Added! Detection and fix of IAT and EAT hooks.
- Fixed! Random crashes caused by threads synchronization issues.
- Improved! Memory consumption was significantly reduced.
- Improved! Performance optimization.